We are living in a new normal and one thing we know for sure – we can still make music in a safe and healthy way.
At Joyful Sounds Music Studio, we are doing everything we can to help all of our staff and families feel safe when they are at our studio. We are constantly keeping updated with our local Public Health Guidelines and will keep this section updated as needed.
What you need to know for our 2020-2021 School Year:
- Masks are necessary in the building and our public areas as mandated by Public Health – hallways, waiting areas, etc.
- Masks are also necessary for adults in our Kindermusik classrooms
- Hand Sanitizing stations are provided everywhere you turn in the studio. We also have two washrooms available to our families for use that will be cleaned on a regular basis.
- All high touch surfaces will be cleaned on a regular basis
- The lesson rooms are cleaned after each and every student – pianos, doorknobs, etc.
- Once a student is seated in their lesson room or classroom, they may remove their mask if they are comfortable – we have distancing measures in place and barriers where appropriate.
- If you are not feeling well, you will not be permitted to enter the studio. You may participate in our online options for that week.
- In our group classes (Kindermusik, Bilingual Birdies, Hwy2Broadway, etc), only those registered will be able to attend. We will not be allowing drop-ins or makeups. This will allow us to keep group cohorts together and limit the amount of different people entering the studio at different times.
- Class sizes have been reduced to maintain distancing protocols
- Our classes will have markers on floors to identify your space in the room
- Our waiting area will have some chairs distanced apart, and everything will be clearly marked.
- Our class times are spaced at least 30 minutes apart to ensure time for cleaning and letting the room “sit”
We are doing everything possible to ensure we can all enjoy the studio in a happy and safe way.
Our online options are available and will be a wonderful experience too – whether you are unable to come, or live far away – we have got it covered.
As we have seen, change can happen quickly, and we are prepared to make those changes if necessary.
As always, thank you for supporting our small local business.