Private Music Lessons
Always wanted to play an instrument, but never had the time? Used to play and want to get back into it? Our individual lessons are perfect for you! We have an exceptional staff of musicians who will create a lesson that works for your interests.
Joyful Sounds Music Studio offers private lessons in the following instruments:
- Fiddle Accompaniment (Piano)
REGISTRATION for the 2020-2021 School Year is open!
We offer two lesson tiers:
- 30-minute Presto Lesson: for new students, beginner students, or those looking for a lighter lesson option. Perfect for having fun and making great music! $95.00 monthly, September to June
- 45-minute Maestro Lesson: ideal for students ready to take their musical learning to the next level. More expectation on the student in terms of continued practice, theoretical and technical requirements. Students must have at least 2 years of lesson experience. Students wishing to pursue RCM examinations must register in this tier. $140 monthly, September to June
- 60-minute Crescendo Lesson: ideal for students who have reached a high level of musical artistry, and may be planning on pursuing music post secondary should consider this level when registering for lessons. This is also suitable for students who enjoy the longer lesson time with their teacher.
Note: Students working on RCM Examinations at Grade 7 and above MUST register for this tier in order to complete all required elements during lessons.
$185.00 monthly; Sept to June
Registration for private lessons must be done by telephone at 861-2702 or through our contact form.
Discounts Available (applied at all tiers):
FAMILY/MULTIPLE: 10% off 2nd & 3rd student. 20% off 4th and more student/lessons. This also applies to students taking more than one lesson. Example: a student taking piano and voice would receive 10% off second set of lessons.
FRABA: 10% off overall for active FRABA Members – please provide proof of membership by listing business below. This discount means all associated fees with Joyful Sounds Music Studio are reduced by 10% overall.
Discounts cannot be used in combination.
- Private lessons are for 7 yrs old to 70+ yrs old! If your child is younger, please consult our Kindermusik programs or discuss with us
- Voice lessons are for 10 yrs and older due to development of vocal ability & focus
- For group lessons, please visit our ensemble page
Books and instruments are the family’s responsibility. Our in-house designed Online Music Dictation handbook for notes is provided for each student.
If you have any questions about how to find an instrument, click here.
What are you waiting for? Spaces for private lessons fill very quickly.
Click here to Meet your teacher!
RCM Exam Info:
Our Piano Teachers are able to lead students to prepare for Royal Conservatory Exams. These exams are a recognized standard and give lessons a more formal purpose. Exams can be “written” at every playing level, and students showing keen interest in pursuing music are encouraged to begin the process of exams. RCM Exam Prep students must take 45-minute Maestro Lessons (Grade 2-6) or 60-minute Crescendo Lessons (Grade 7-10). Students will also be required to complete required theory/history work over the school year as guided by your teacher.
Why can’t my 5-year-old take private lessons? Because we’ve got the best program already in place for them! Kindermusik Level 5 is an exceptional, award-winning program where students will learn all the fundamentals to be prepared to take private music lessons, but in an age-appropriate, fun group setting. Our Kindermusik Grads have incredible success in private lessons and are HAPPY making music!
Joyful Sounds Music Studio offers ensemble/group lesson for the following:
- Beginner Concert Band for Home-Schooled Families
- Intermediate Concert Band for Home-Schooled Families
- Kid’s Chorale (ages 7-13 years)
Please click on the individual links in this category to find out more!
Not well enough to attend your lesson in person? No problem! We can Zoom you in live at your lesson time!Please give our studio notice 2 hours prior to the start of your lesson time so that we are prepared to make the shift. Unable to Zoom live with us? No problem! We will record a modified lesson and send it to you to work on when you are able.